Monday, August 1, 2011

Leaving On A Jet Plane

My love for Italy started last May when I visited for the first time. My younger brother, Andy, was studying abroad in Rome for a semester at John Cabot University, so the whole Smith gang visited for 2 weeks. I went back to Chicago and Italy was all I could think about for the next couple months. 

Fast forward to September 2010.  I went to San Diego for a few days with my cousin, his girlfriend, Susan, Giuseppe and four of his Italian friends.  Giuseppe and 2 of his friends then came to Chicago.  We all went out one night with my friend, Anna, and had the night of our lives.  The next day I talked to Anna and asked her how she would feel about moving to Rome. She agreed and it's now 11 months later and i'm finally leaving!! There have been a few roadblocks along the way, but the time has finally come. 

I leave Cleveland tomorrow afternoon, August 2nd, and arrive in Rome early Wednesday morning.  Anna is going to nanny a family in Spain for a month, so I won't see her until September.  I'm bummed that i'll just miss her, but it will give me a chance to get settled in Rome before she comes back. Giuseppe will pick me up from the airport and i'm beyond excited.

Let the adventure begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment