Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sarah and Frankie's Big Adventure

I made it safely to Rome this morning.  The 9 hour flight was brutal.  I tried to sleep as much as I could since I got in at 9:30am and wanted to have the energy to do stuff today.  Anna surprised me at the airport; she was supposed to leave for Spain this morning, but doesn't leave until tomorrow morning!

Giuseppe got me set-up with a cellphone.  I got the cheapest flip phone they had.  It's a pay-as-you-go phone which is great for me because I can't imagine using my cell too often.

I leave first thing tomorrow morning for Irsina (Giuseppe's hometown) with his brother, Francesco. He is staying there for 15 days, but I'm not sure how long I will stay. At least 10 days.  All of their friends have left Rome since August is holiday.  Irsina is a small town of approximately 4,000.  Most people don't speak English there.  It will certainly be an experience since my Italian is not great.  I suppose it's all part of the adventure!

I don't think I will have internet access in Irsina, so I will update about my trip when I get back. Hopefully I will have some pictures to post as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment