Friday, November 9, 2012

Grotte di Castellana

One Sunday, I went to Grotte di Castellana in Puglia, Italy with the family minus Salvatore, the second son.  There are only five spaces in the car so one person is always forced to stay back in Matera. Fortunately, unfortunately, that person is never me. This particular day was a fortunate one.  I've seen a few caves in my day especially considering that I took a caving class in college and went on a few excursions, but I can say that this one was the most impressive and beautiful i've ever seen! I'm not sure i'll ever see another cave as beautiful.

The Main Cave 

They say that the Grotte di Castellana are the most impressive caves in Italy; I have to agree. One part that I particularly enjoyed was what they call the "white cave."

White Cave


Me and Gianluca, the youngest son



No comments:

Post a Comment