Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Capri Part 2

The weekend after my mom and sister returned to the US, I decided to visit Capri for the second time. My friend, Annalisa, worked there for the summer season at the Palace hotel, a 5-star hotel in Anacapri. The hotel paid for her apartment and fed her all meals there. It was a great gig!

The beautiful blue waters of Capri

I took the train from Rome to Naples, then took the boat from Naples to Capri. That day, we went to Faro beach and had an aperitivo there. We saw the most beautiful sunset over the water.


That night, we went to Jerry's-a friend of Annalisa-house for dinner. He lives in Capri as opposed to Anacapri in a house overlooking the entire island. To say that it was beautiful, spectacular, amazing is an understatement. Jerry is from Capri, but lived in Scotland for 10 years up until a year ago. He's a musician/DJ.  We went with another friend of Annalisa's, Deanna, who is from Australia. She was living in London when she met a manager from the Palace hotel who suggested her to come to Capri and work for the summer.

The picture doesn't do it justice, but the view from Jerry's house

Later that evening, we went to an upscale club in Capri where I had one of the funnest nights of the summer.

Annalisa, Diletta, me, Jerry, Rob and Deanna

Saturday morning, Annalisa and I went to the blue grotto and went for a swim. She had to work in the afternoon so we didn't stay too long.  I took the bus back to Faro, where I had gone the previous day, and hung out at the beach until Annalisa finished work.


Saturday evening, we met up with a few of Annalisa's co-workers for an aperitivo, then went to a disco in Anacapri and once again, danced the night away.

Annalisa and I at Faro Beach for an aperitivo

I stayed at a very reasonably-priced Bed&Breakfast next-door to Annalisa's apartment on Friday night, but they were completely booked for Saturday. I couldn't stay at Annalisa's because she lived in a house with 6 other girls, so I stayed at her friend, Ludovica's house on Saturday.  Ludovica lives with her parents at the top of Anacapri in a villa, not a house, a villa! The walls were made of stone with tile floors and every doorway was an arch. They have a gorgeous swimming pool and a very large terrace with beautiful views of Anacapri/Capri.

terrace at Ludovica's house

This second trip to Capri was a completely different experience than the first when I went with my mom.  I truly got to live the island life with Annalisa and her friends. They were all so friendly and made me feel extremely welcome. I definitely felt a little envious of Annalisa and her amazing summer adventure!

Me and Rob, Annalisa's friend

Annalisa, me, Deanna and Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment